Call Now: +1 (800) 968-5313

Santa Clara Pension Division Attorney

Your family law issues need our highly qualified attorneys. The Family Law Attorneys of Christian Schank & Associates serve clients throughout California.
Speak To An Attorney Now
Years of Experience
Family Hearings

Santa Clara Pension Division Lawyer

The Santa Clara pension division provides legal help to city employees and retirees regarding their retirement benefits. The division is headed by an attorney, who is appointed by the City Council.

The pension division attorney represents the interests of city employees and retirees in all matters relating to their retirement benefits. This includes ensuring that the city's retirement plan is operated under the law and that employees and retirees receive the benefits to which they are entitled.

When Should You Hire a Pension Division Attorney in CA?

If you are going through a divorce in California, you may wonder if you need to hire a pension division attorney. The answer to this question depends on several factors, including the type of pension you have and the complexity of your financial situation.

If you have a complex financial situation or a retirement plan that needs to be divided, it's beneficial to hire an attorney. An experienced pension division attorney can help you understand your rights and options, negotiate with your spouse, and protect your interests in court.

What Proof Do You Need For Your Pension Division Case?

If you are going to court to divide your pension, you will need to have proof of the value of the pension. The most common way to do this is to get a copy of your latest pension statement. This statement should show how much money is in the account and how much you are entitled to receive each month.

You will also need to provide proof of your employment history. This can be as pay stubs, W-2 forms, or other records. Your spouse will need to provide similar proof if he or she is also going to court to divide the pension.

What Happens If You Don't Hire a Pension Division Attorney?

If you don't hire an attorney, you will still be able to go to court and ask for a division of your pension. However, you may not get the same results as you would if you had an attorney.

An experienced pension division attorney can help you understand the law and how it applies to your situation. You will also benefit from the help of gathering the proof and negotiating with your spouse. If you are going through a divorce, it's in your best interest to hire an attorney.

What Are the Different Types of Pensions?

There are two main types of pensions: defined benefit and defined contribution. A defined benefit pension is one where you receive a fixed monthly payment for life, regardless of how long you live. A defined contribution pension is one where your benefits depend on how much money you have saved in the account.

There are also two other types of pensions: public and private. A public pension is one that is provided by the government, such as Social Security. A private pension is one that is provided by an employer.

Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you with your pension division case. We have experience representing both public and private employees, and we can help you get the best possible outcome for your situation. Give us a call today to schedule a consultation.

We proudly service the following Santa Clara County Neighborhoods within the city of Santa Clara, CA: North 101, Metropolitan / Vallco Park South, Miramar Terrace / Las Brisas, Rivermark of Santa Clara, Roma Homes At Central Park / Cherry Orchard Place, Laurel Place / Pomeroy West, Vista Del Lago / Kentfield, Camino Del Prado / Casa Del Rey, Killarney Farms / Briarwood, Santa Clara Southwest.

We are currently accepting cases in these areas of Santa Clara County
Mountain View, CA
Palo Alto, CA
Milpitas, CA
Cupertino, CA
Campbell, CA
Gilroy, CA
Los Gatos, CA
Saratoga, CA
Los Altos, CA
Morgan Hill, CA
Los Altos Hills, CA
Monte Sereno, CA

Free Case Evaluation

To get a Free Case Evaluation please call us at (800) 968-5313 or fill out the form below to have a legal professional contact you shortly.
Avvo Rated Badge
AV Rated Attorney
California State Bar Badge
Lead Counsel Rated Badge
Call Now
(800) 968-5313