Call Now: +1 (800) 968-5313

Orange County Child Support Attorney

Your family law issues need our highly qualified attorneys. The Family Law Attorneys of Christian Schank & Associates serve clients throughout California.
Speak To An Attorney Now
Years of Experience
Family Hearings

Child Support Lawyers in Orange County, CA

Some of the most intense cases to enter Orange County family courts involve child custody and child support. A child’s success and well-being in life are highly dependent on their financial provisions, which is why judges take the matter of child support so seriously during divorce and legal separations. Of course, unmarried couples must negotiate this issue as well, which is handled differently considering they do not have the same legal officiality as married couples. While we understand that your child is your first priority, we also know that you want to financial responsibility to be shared fairly with your other parent. Most often, the judge rules on child support within the divorce process. However, some situations call for a separate process, such as requesting that child support be modified (increased or reduced) or seeking to enforce unpaid child support. Whatever your individual situation, recruiting a child support attorney who has worked within the Orange County court system is essential to protecting your finances and ensuring that your son or daughter has the life he or she deserves.

Child Support Attorneys in Orange County, CA

That is the consideration the judge will have in mind when making their decisions as well – what is best for your child? Typically, the rule is that the custodial parent (the one with whom the child is living) requires more funding than the non-custodial parent. However, that is not always the case, especially if you both have joint custody over your child or you have extensive visitation rights as the non-custodial parent. In an ideal situation, the parents can amicably discuss the terms of child custody and support and have their lawyer(s) write up an agreement that the judge can sign off on. In this situation, one of our child support attorneys will assist you in negotiations, letting you know of any future effects your decisions could have. We will also officially review your document for errors and present it before the judge. However, many parents cannot agree on child support specifications and a judge must make the final decision. Their final verdict will be reached based on a number of factors, including physical and legal custody, financial and employment circumstances of both parents, the child’s current and future needs, as well as other details specific to your case. If you wish for the most satisfactory and fair result possible, you must craft a compelling case and highlight details of your life that will help support your contentions. We are here to help you do just that. Having worked with Orange County family judges for many years, we know the criteria that they examine to draw their conclusions. We can also help you fill out the child support forms for Orange County to ensure that there are no errors that could cost you dearly.

If you are already receiving child support from the other parent, but find that it is not sufficient to provide for your child, call our Orange County child custody attorneys today. We will explain how to request more child support in Orange County and assist you in legally modifying the child support agreement. Similarly, if the other parent fails to regularly make their required payments, we can assist you in taking legal action against them and enforcing child support dues.

Orange County Attorneys to Help with Child Support

Perhaps you are on the other side of this issue and feel that you are unjustly being charged an arm and a leg for child support. We understand how stressful this can be, and wish to help you in whatever way possible. In general, you cannot terminate child support before the child has reached the legal age of majority or without also surrendering your parental rights. However, if you or the other parent has recently experienced a change of circumstances, you can request to modify the child support order, even if you do not have physical custody of your son or daughter. This is a highly complex issue, and we recommend calling us for a Free Case Evaluation before making any decisions.

It may be the case that you and the child’s mother or father were never married, and this can complicate child support very easily. Before any type of support can be requested, parentage must be proven (which is not always as simple as a DNA test). After that is taken care of, you must open up a case in Orange County family courts and fill out the forms to request child support. Note that unmarried couples are not seen in the same legal light as married couples, thus making the process more complex. We will ensure that no errors are made on the forms and that every detail is covered to give you the assistance you need to provide for your son or daughter. We will fiercely advocate for both of you and work hard to protect your natural parental rights. No parent should have to worry about their son or daughter’s well-being alone, and that is why we are prepared to step into that courtroom alongside you.

The Law Offices of Christian Schank & Associates

2101 N Main St suite b, Santa Ana, CA 92706 Driving Directions+1 (800) 968-5313
We are currently accepting cases in these areas Orange County
Santa Ana, CA
Anaheim, CA
Huntington Beach, CA
Garden Grove, CA
Irvine, CA
Fullerton, CA
Orange, CA
Costa Mesa, CA
Mission Viejo, CA
Westminister, CA
Buena Park, CA
Newport Beach, CA
Lake Forest, CA
Yorba Linda, CA
Fountain Valley, CA
La Habra, CA
Tustin, CA
Laguna Nigel, CA
Cypress, CA
San Clemente, CA
Placentia, CA
Brea, CA
Dana Point, CA
Laguna Hills, CA
Stanton, CA
San Juan Capistrano, CA
Seal Beach, CA
Laguna Beach, CA
Laguna Woods, CA
La Palma, CA
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Los Alamitos, CA
Aliso Viejo, CA

Free Case Evaluation

To get a Free Case Evaluation please call us at (800) 968-5313 or fill out the form below to have a legal professional contact you shortly.
Avvo Rated Badge
AV Rated Attorney
California State Bar Badge
Lead Counsel Rated Badge
Call Now
(800) 968-5313