Call Now: +1 (800) 968-5313

Monterey Grandparent Rights Attorney

Your family law issues need our highly qualified attorneys. The Family Law Attorneys of Christian Schank & Associates serve clients throughout California.
Speak To An Attorney Now
Avvo Rated Badge
AV Rated Attorney
California State Bar Badge
Lead Counsel Rated Badge

Monterey Grandparents' Rights Lawyer

Seeing your grandchildren grow is a great thing, but not everyone gets this due to family conflicts. However, did you know that if you are a grandparent in California, you have certain rights regarding your grandchildren? Even though they may not always be clear and can be challenged by the kid's parents, you must familiarize yourself with your options and how you can effectively safeguard your relationship with your grandkids.

With a Monterey grandparent's rights attorney, you will be able to understand your rights and have someone to assert them in a court of law, if need be.

The Process Associated With Grandparents' Rights

Asserting grandparents' rights in California can seem complicated if you are not conversant with the law. It starts with filing a petition with the court, stating facts like the parents or guardians of the kids are separated, if they are living with one parent, and if one parent has stopped being in the children's life.  

If the court determines that these facts are true, then it will decide to award the grandparents certain rights to ensure the well-being of the children. It will also evaluate several factors such as the child's relationship with the grandparents, with the parent, and the effect of the grandparent being granted visitation rights.

Even though this may seem tricky, we can help you navigate the process. Obtaining grandparent's rights is not an impossible task. An experienced attorney in Monterey can help you throughout the proceedings to ensure you secure a favorable outcome. If you strongly believe that being granted visitation rights would be in the best interest of your grandkids, you can get what you want. We will be with you at every stage.

Why You Should Contact Us

When it comes to such matters, the court will eventually decide based on the best interests of the kids involved. Therefore, if you are seeking grandparent's rights, you will need to have an experienced attorney with you. This is the only way you will get what you want.

You could represent yourself in court; some people do. However, a passionate and knowledgeable lawyer knows all the legal jargon that could interfere with you winning your side of the case. Of course, having a lawyer doesn’t guarantee anything, but it puts you in a better position than going through the process by yourself.

So, if you are a grandparent in Monterey seeking to gain your rights as a grandparent, please get in touch with us today. We will help and guide you throughout the proceedings.

The Law Offices of Christian Schank & Associates

201 Hoffman Ave Suite #11, Monterey, CA 93940 Driving Directions+1 (800) 968-5313
We are currently accepting cases in these areas of Monterey County
Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA
Del Rey Oaks, CA
Gonzales, CA
Greenfield, CA
King City, CA
Marina, CA
Pacific Grove, CA
Sand City, CA
Seaside, CA
Soledad, CA

Free Case Evaluation

To get a Free Case Evaluation please call us at (800) 968-5313 or fill out the form below to have a legal professional contact you shortly.
Call Now
(800) 968-5313